Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Opera in June

My choir is performing in an opera at Carnegie Hall on June 4th. You may be thinking "that isn't really the place for an opera", and in fact it is a concert performance. This means we will just perform the music without any staging or costumes.

The opera is called Zanetto, by Mascagni. It hasn't been performed in New York since 1902! It is only one act, in fact it is a single scene. We open the whole thing with a few minutes of chorus sung unaccompanied and with no words. The music is great. I haven't heard the rest of the opera yet, but I anticipate the rest is also worth hearing.

Erin

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm assuming it is still a "big deal" to perform at Carnegie Hall. Nevertheless, I think it is, and so congratulations!

Erin Sheldon said...

I think it's a big deal!

Thanks.
Erin