Thursday, February 1, 2007

Voice Teacher

I had my first lesson with a new voice teacher this week. I had been meaning to get a new teacher, but was finally pushed into it by my move from singing baritone to tenor in the choir. I've been singing tenor now for three weeks, and man it was scary at first. I felt much more exposed because I produce much more sound singing tenor. Of course this is the whole point; I get much more resonance in that range, hence the change of section. I need to work on controlling the sound so that I can sing at an F and higher softly but without going completely into falsetto every time. Well, I need to work on that and just about everything else. So much to learn, it's exciting.

Erin

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's good to see you posting again! How exciting to hear you are with a new voice teacher. Let me know how it goes/ Mom